We Are Hiring
Search Marketing Specialist
Position: Search Marketing Specialist
Job Type: Permanent
Department: Digital Sales
We are on the hunt for a talented Search Marketing Specialist to join our team. The successful candidate will need to have some kind of track record of working in a Digital Marketing industry either from an in-house or agency background.
The prospective individual will be expected to take part in strategising, implementing, monitoring and reporting on SEO/PPC performance to the business with a certain level of autonomy. The ability to work dynamically across internal marketing teams, with developers and alongside specialist agencies and partners is key.
The role will require an understanding of SEO, including Google algorithms and a balance of knowledge across on and off page ranking factors, technical and content disciplines. Additionally candidates will need to show a working knowledge of developing, setting up, running and optimising Pay-Per-Click campaigns across various PPC channels. This is a fantastic opportunity to shape the vision for a multi-million Rand revenue line and work alongside an experienced entrepreneurial team.
- Full ownership for SEO & PPC direction of their clients
- Collaborate with specialist internal team members as well as members of the other digital teams
- Drive a unified on-page and off-page SEO strategy
- Work closely with in-house commercial and marketing teams
- Play a key role in shaping the product and wider marketing initiatives
- Play an active role in branding and PR
- Constantly keeping informed of the latest global SEO & PPC trends, techniques and tools being used.
Technical skills and Qualifications
- Matric and any related diploma/certificate
- Proficiency in Web Analytic tools such as Google Analytics, Omniture, etc.
- A working understanding of SEO tools such as Google Webmaster Tools, Bing Webmaster Tools, MOZ, SERPS, Raven Tools etc.
- Experience with SEO guidelines, tracking/reporting tools, algorithms, analysis and ranking factors.
- Proficiency in using the Google Adwords platform – including strategizing for, developing, setting up, managing and optimising PPC campaigns.
- Familiarity of most (if not all) Google PPC advertising channels.
- Ability to code and work on CMS such as WordPress, Magento and Joomla (added bonus).
- Personal skills, experience and qualifications
- 2+ years hands-on Digital Marketing & Search Marketing experience
- Broad understanding across both technical and content disciplines
- Experience working with wider marketing teams ( BI, Email, Social)
- Experience driving product decisions, UX and CRO
- Mobile experience (app-indexing, ASO, mobile index)
- Knowledge of the performance marketing, affiliate space
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit and client-centric mind-set.
Applicants who meet the minimum requirements must go our Linkedin page to apply